● Robert Bolerjack - Programming Mentor
Joining in the second year of the team’s existence, Mr. Bolerjack serves as a foundation for the team. He is the sole programming and electronics mentor and introduces, trains and oversees RoboRams team members in installing robots’ electronics and programming them. However, he is also an invaluable asset when guiding students in grant writing and press release composition.
● Laura Cooper - Media Mentor
Mrs. Cooper brings her culinary skills to the RoboRams to help keep our members focused and energized as well as provides our annual dinner menu. In addition to her fabulous culinary skills, Mrs. Cooper also brings with her the knowledge of fundraising ideas and designs. Her tailoring and embroidery skills have provided outstanding, award-winning costume/pit designs.
● Robert Cooper - Lead Mentor/Outreach Coordinator
Mr. Cooper is the cornerstone of this team! As maintenance supervisor at Continental Tire, this founding mentor coordinates the Continental and CO-OP apprenticeship programs. Constantly seeking to create opportunities for K-12 students in STEM, this Jefferson County native’s true passion is for the youth of the region. Having experience in competitive robot building, Mr. Cooper concentrates on directing team members is designing and fabricating robots, as well as fundraising. His ceaseless enthusiasm and spirit reaches every student involved.
● Kelley Flanigan - Public Relations Mentor
With published writings ranging from novels to poetry, Ms. Flanigan brings her literary skills to benefit students of team 4187. In her role as Public Relations mentor, Ms. Flanigan guides students as they apply for grants, write sponsorship requests and craft press releases. As the youngest mentor, she prides herself in building relationships with students and guiding them through the rigors of fundraising season and Chairman’s award preparations.
● Dustin Foster - MVTHS Faculty/ Design Mentor
○ Mr. Foster provides the driving force keeping the team moving forward! As a proud Project Lead the Way engineering instructor, Mr. Foster strives to integrate engineering and design principles into the team experience as much as possible. With the help of the student design lead, he educates and organizes the design team in an effort to create CAD models for the team’s competition robots. Mr. Foster also aides with team organization and shares responsibility with Mr. Kopin for the safety of all non-faculty, students and mentors working or traveling with the RoboRams.
● Andrew Kopin - MVTHS Faculty/ Fabrication Mentor
○ Mr. Kopin is the indespensable linchpin that introduces, trains and oversees RoboRam team members in the safe use of machine tools, such as the lathe, milling machine, CNC machine, 3D printer and various other shop tools to fabricate parts for the team's robots from metals and plastics. His extensive experience in marine design engineering is an invaluable asset to the team. Mr.Kopin works closely with Mr. Foster to ensure the safety of all students and mentors while working at the school or when the team is away at competitions.
● Tanja Wilborn-Promotions Mentor
○ Mrs. Wilborn utilizes her promotional and artistic talents to guide the students in fundraising and graphic design. She also collaborates with the other media mentors to design costumes and pit layouts. In addition to the above, Mrs. Wilborn also helps keep our students on task and detailed oriented.
● Beth Schrader - Business and Finance Mentor
○ Mrs. Schrader brings to the RoboRams table a multiplicity of skills in business and finance. Currently, she advises our financial department when developing and implementing budgets and helps the media department with proofreading, fundraising and promotional materials.